Want to help the environment while growing your business? We have some creative ideas for you!
In our recent blog post on business partnerships, “Businesses Planting Trees”, we outlined a number of ways that businesses can be good neighbors and environmental stewards while building brand awareness.
Every business is unique, and we can help you find the perfect way to give back to your community. Here are some great examples of local businesses forming creative partnerships with WMTP to plant and protect trees in Whatcom County.
We collaborated with our partners at Dewey Griffin Subaru on these inventive initiatives:
- Dewey Griffin is matching donations to WMTP through May, up to $1,500.
- WMTP is featured on their electronic reader board.
- We’re being promoted in their local radio spots, including an interview about our mission.
We’re also partnering with Pizzazza – makers of delicious, locally-sourced pizza – on a number of projects aimed at furthering their mission of “sustainably nourishing our community by providing delicious food in a fun and innovative environment.”
- Pizzazza is offering customers the option of adding $1 to their tab, which will go directly towards planting and protecting trees in Whatcom County.
- We are working closely with them and a consultant to develop a carbon offset analysis.
A1DesignBuild, local leaders in sustainable and innovative designs, are showing their commitment to advancing community and environmental benefits in a big way.
The employee-owned coop has voted to:
- Fund WMTP tree plantings that will 100% offset the construction wood use in their home projects.
- WMTP researched and assessed the reforestation required to offset their wood usage.
We’re very excited about these new partnerships and can feel the momentum building as we engage with other local businesses to discuss collaborative ideas.
Want to be part of this growing movement? Contact us and we’ll explore the possibilities together!
Please help us achieve our mission. Donate to Whatcom Million Trees Project today to help us meet our ambitious five-year goal! Or join us as a volunteer. We’d love to have you on our team!
Own or manage a business and want to support your staff and customers by doing good locally? Please look over our many business partnership ideas!
Comments? Questions? Ideas? Please contact us or leave a comment below in this blog post.
Want to not miss a thing — and get access to cool tree-planting resources? Please subscribe to our occasional newsletter.
Lauren Fritzen is a contributing writer for Whatcom Million Trees Project. Lauren is a copywriter/copy editor and has professional experience in marketing, social media, research, and event planning. Having written for Cascadia Weekly, WhatcomTalk and other local publications, she bolsters our blog articles and contributes to our other writing needs.